Sunday, March 21, 2004

How do you like this?

I decided to file my taxes today, using TurboTax. I finished everything - all questions, all bank account info, all electronic signature info - and then the service informed me that I cannot file on-line. Why? Because my W-2's do not contain a street address for my employer. All it says is "City of New York / New York, NY 10007" and for that reason, I might have to do the whole darn thing by hand. Grr. I have searched high and low on the web, called 311 (the city's general purpose helpline), and nothing turns up to help me solve this problem. Clearly, I am not the only public employee in NYC who wants to file electronically! So where the heck is the simple solution that I know must exist?

These are the options I've thought of so far:
  • Enter "none given" and hope it tricks Turbo Tax into filing.
  • Find the address for City Hall and enter that, and hope that doesn't trigger some kind of rejection by the IRS since it will not match my W-2.
  • File by hand.
  • Call a few more places for help. This makes the most sense, but I was really hoping to file today. The Turbo Tax prices might go up after tomorrow!

What to do?

1 Comments:

Blogger taxnegotiators said...

Tax Levy, Bob Adams, Offers in compromise, Wage Garnishment - Robert M. Adams, Garnishment, TaxGarnishment, Wage Garnishment,Tax negotiation, Tax Solutions, Unfiled tax returns, Wage levy, Past due returns, Past due tax returns, Past due taxes, Tax Levy, Unpaid
tax, Bob Adams

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home