Sunday, May 23, 2004

Shop4Class

It's the first ever Shop4Class week in NYC. This is a Caroline Kennedy initiative; between May 21 and May 28, a bunch of stores will donate a portion of their proceeds to buy books for classroom libraries for the city's kindergarten through third grade students.

Dear Fellow New Yorkers:
This week your purchases will make a real difference to the children of our city. There are few things in life more important than learning to read, and thanks to the many participating retailers, more of our school children will have books close at hand.

Surely, those of us planning to buy anything in the city this week should take a look at the list of shops and consider spending our money at those places. It's great that those stores want to give back to the community, yes.

But the whole thing begs the question: Wouldn't it be simpler to provide ample funding in the education budget to buy enough books for the little ones?

I mean...

Shop4War: This week only, the following retailers will donate a portion of their proceeds to the US Army to buy much-needed guns for the soldiers.

Can you just imagine?

*****

Singing for Peace

This is my home, the country where my heart is
Here are my hopes, my dreams, my holy shrine.
But other hearts in other lands are beating,
With hopes and dreams as true and high as mine.
~Finlandia



I ain't afraid of your Yahweh,
I ain't afraid of your Allah,
I ain't afraid of your Jesus,
I'm afraid of what you do in the name of your god.
...
Rise up to your higher power
Free up from fear, it will devour you
Watch out for the ego of the hour
The ones who say they know it
Are the ones who will impose it on you.
~I Ain't Afraid (Holly Near)

14 Comments:

Blogger bill naka said...

Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my inspirational book related site. It pretty much covers inspirational book stuff. I guess you may find something of interest.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Barney said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Swingin80 said...

Cool blog you have. I have a make money on ebay related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is make money on ebay

1:24 AM  
Blogger Cybernetics Core said...

Stay out of the Malls
by: make extra money at home

If possible, stay away from shopping malls.
High-dollar shopping malls have expensive
overhead and are designed to sell, sell, sell.
Prices are generally higher and in most cases,
people walk out with more than they anticipated
buying. It is better to shop at stand-alone
shops or on the Internet.

make extra money at home

12:46 AM  
Blogger TWPAdmin said...

"I just came across your blog about ebay buyand wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about **keyword** ebay buy so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

4:28 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a easy ways for kid to make money site. It pretty much covers easy ways for kid to make money related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

4:13 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a free home based business opportunity site. It pretty much covers free home based business opportunity related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11:49 PM  
Blogger Cybernetics Core said...

Stay out of the Malls
by: make money online survey

If possible, stay away from shopping malls.
High-dollar shopping malls have expensive
overhead and are designed to sell, sell, sell.
Prices are generally higher and in most cases,
people walk out with more than they anticipated
buying. It is better to shop at stand-alone
shops or on the Internet.

make money online survey

2:08 AM  
Blogger Protoss said...

Rebate Programs
by: make money web site

When you shop, always keep your eyes open for rebate
programs. Although filling out the forms and clipping
the UPC codes from a box is a hassle, the money you save
is worth it. Some rebate items are not listed as offering
a rebate. Check out AsmartShop.com or Rebateplace.com to
see if any of your recent purchases offer a rebate.

make money web site

2:10 AM  
Blogger Google Page Rank 6 said...

Want more clicks to your Adsense Ads on your Blog?

Then you have to check out my blog. I have found a FREE and Legitimate way that will increase your earnings.

Come Check us out. How to Boost Your AdSense Revenue

9:26 PM  
Blogger gootau said...

Dear##name##,
I happened to pass by your blog today while searching for content for my home based business opportunity related website. I am amazed at the level of detail you have here and perhaps it explains why I landed here in the first place.

Such efforts in providing netters with critical and balanced information is the reason why we have the net in the first place. While I did not find exactly what I was looking for, I found your insight into
home based business opportunity very very helpful. I wish you could know that your efforts do make a diffrence in other people's lives, certainly to me this time.

To your success
Vincent Molelekwa

5:28 PM  
Blogger Marian said...

Hi, thanks for this very informative blog. I'm a fan of making my residual income from home. I'm thankful for every information that would increase my sales...Thanks again! internet business ideas

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for this very informative blog. I'm a fan of making my residual income from home. I'm thankful for every information that would increase my sales...Thanks again! home based business

6:38 AM  
Blogger satxxkenn said...

Cool blog - Check out my site if you need help finding a good low interest credit card. Credit Cards

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home