Thursday, June 24, 2004

I succumbed...

to gmail.

ms.frizzle [at] gmail [dot] com

I will be phasing out msfrizzle14 [at] yahoo [dot] com. Who needs all that spam, anyway?

I am rather fond of google. I used to go to school just down the street from them, after all. And I love, love, love the fact that as most other major web portals - yahoo, msn, etc. - keep adding junk to their homepages, total information overload, google started out simplicity itself and has remained so even while adding fancy new features. Just for fun, try loading google in one of the dozens of languages available. Like Russian. Or Malayalam. Or Swedish Chef.

And now google has hit on the most brilliant method of marketing their email system EVER. SO brilliant I really, really wanted nothing to do with it. Blogs are cool. Bloggers are cool. Buy Blogger. Give away gmail to bloggers, who will promote it on their site. Then give them the infamous "invitations" - make your product cool and a scarce commodity at the same time. Gross manipulation!

And then it worked on me. I want gmail! I don't want to miss my chance! I want invitations to give out! I want to be a cool kid!

Email me: ms.frizzle [at] gmail [dot] com 'cause a girl can never have too many email addresses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home