Monday, June 07, 2004

Maybe it's the cloudy weather (not today, but all weekend), maybe it's calculating final grades, maybe it's reflecting on the school year, maybe it's getting ready to leave in what seems suddenly like too little time, maybe June is the hangover that May wakes up to... All I can give you today are some Dar Williams lyrics:

"And I wake up and I ask myself what state I'm in
And I say well I'm lucky, 'cause I am like East Berlin
I had this wall and what I knew of the free world
Was that I could see their fireworks
And I could hear their radio
And I thought that if we met, I would only start confessing
And they'd know that I was scared
They'd would know that I was guessing
But the wall came down and there they stood before me
With their stumbling and their mumbling
And their calling out, just like me..."


-Dar Williams, from What Do You Hear In These Sounds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home