Thursday, November 11, 2004

Cross Your Fingers

If you hear yelps of agony, you'll know I killed my harddrive.

After months and months of suffering not-so-silently, I decided Veteran's Day was the perfect opportunity to try to heal my computer's woes. I started by making a backup copy of all my documents on CD. Then I downloaded SpyBot S&D, which is currently scanning for Spyware. I suspect my computer is harboring a lot of spyware, yet so far the scan has turned up nothing. It still has 11,000 things to scan for, though. After I finish the scan, I'm going to defragment.

It's possible that these steps will return my computer to its former innocence and glory. I hope so.

Nevertheless, the machine is going on five years old - Methuselah, in computer-years - and I may need a new one before the year is up. I just hope I can hold out until spring, when I know whether I will be here in the US or teaching abroad next year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Is Wrong with so many Spy-Ware Tools that promise to do the job?

After installing you find out they use so much memory! They have to run in

the systems tray and always have to be run on a regular weekly bases!

And if thats not enough we find out we have to pay for the upgrade

so it will run in the background,But it still sucks up the memory!

Simple Solution you want a software that will kill that Spyware

and all the Gremlins on contact use the least memory and be a

Set & Forget Tool!

Grab it Now Free plus a how to Video w/ Xp Mini Course !

I have a defrag edition o o professional v8.0

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home