Friday, February 18, 2005

Vacation?!

Made plans to meet up with another teacher-friend who's visiting from California (no, not you, Nicole) - an early brunch tomorrow. He instantly recognized "Friday afternoon teacher voice" - a little husky (not necessarily in a sexy way) and quavering from overstimulation. Sometimes all you can do is sit on the floor with your back against the wall.

Still, when the world calms, I plan to treat myself to a week of crazy productivity. Here's my list:
  • Buddy Miller concert
  • brunch with aforementioned teacher-friend
  • yoga every weekday - and I know that sun salutations at 7:30 am might not sound like a treat to everyone, but during the schoolyear I dream of slow mornings with sunshine and exercise... of course, I might sleep in a bit and do the 9:30 basics class instead
  • host Saturday night get-together at Uncle Ming's with my friend W.
  • Williamsburg Spelling Bee
  • plan unit on plants
  • sketch out the rest of the year's curriculum
  • revise 6th and 7th grade health curricula
  • plan drama class production of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
  • file taxes
  • grade student's invertebrates lessons
  • plan afterschool high school prep class
  • research middle school advisories (if you work at a middle school or high schools that does advisories, drop me a line - I have questions for you!)
  • clean my room
  • spend some gift card money at Macy's on a weekday when it will be less crazy
  • go to the MOMA
  • brunch in Jackson Hts. at the Indian diner there
  • watch/read at the Bowery Poetry Club Urbana slam
  • discuss Macbeth with my newly-formed book group (my friends who formed the group want to read the books they skipped during high school or college... I didn't actually skip that many books - mainly Nietzche - so I'm trying to push them towards books similar to the books we were assigned... like, say, Proust or Tolstoy... so far, no luck)
  • finish reading Snow, an amazing book by a Turkish author (thanks, Tim)
  • um, blog
  • go back and see the Gates again
  • watch science films like Microcosmos, Plant Reproduction, and The Miracle of Life
  • sleep


Well, we'll see what happens.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a cool blog here. Just thought I'd stop by to tell you. I'm out blogging. Keep up the good work!

regards,
health insurance plans

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I was out blogging and hit yours. You seem to have a good blog here. Good job, happy blogging.

regards,
health insurance price quote

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. I was just out blogging and stumbled across yours, I like it. Keep up the good work!

regards,
medical insurance plan for small business

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home