Friday, February 18, 2005

Vacation?!

Made plans to meet up with another teacher-friend who's visiting from California (no, not you, Nicole) - an early brunch tomorrow. He instantly recognized "Friday afternoon teacher voice" - a little husky (not necessarily in a sexy way) and quavering from overstimulation. Sometimes all you can do is sit on the floor with your back against the wall.

Still, when the world calms, I plan to treat myself to a week of crazy productivity. Here's my list:
  • Buddy Miller concert
  • brunch with aforementioned teacher-friend
  • yoga every weekday - and I know that sun salutations at 7:30 am might not sound like a treat to everyone, but during the schoolyear I dream of slow mornings with sunshine and exercise... of course, I might sleep in a bit and do the 9:30 basics class instead
  • host Saturday night get-together at Uncle Ming's with my friend W.
  • Williamsburg Spelling Bee
  • plan unit on plants
  • sketch out the rest of the year's curriculum
  • revise 6th and 7th grade health curricula
  • plan drama class production of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
  • file taxes
  • grade student's invertebrates lessons
  • plan afterschool high school prep class
  • research middle school advisories (if you work at a middle school or high schools that does advisories, drop me a line - I have questions for you!)
  • clean my room
  • spend some gift card money at Macy's on a weekday when it will be less crazy
  • go to the MOMA
  • brunch in Jackson Hts. at the Indian diner there
  • watch/read at the Bowery Poetry Club Urbana slam
  • discuss Macbeth with my newly-formed book group (my friends who formed the group want to read the books they skipped during high school or college... I didn't actually skip that many books - mainly Nietzche - so I'm trying to push them towards books similar to the books we were assigned... like, say, Proust or Tolstoy... so far, no luck)
  • finish reading Snow, an amazing book by a Turkish author (thanks, Tim)
  • um, blog
  • go back and see the Gates again
  • watch science films like Microcosmos, Plant Reproduction, and The Miracle of Life
  • sleep


Well, we'll see what happens.

22 Comments:

Blogger Tom Naka said...

Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my small business health insurance delaware
related site. It pretty much covers small business health insurance delaware
stuff. I guess you may find something of interest.

11:15 AM  
Blogger bill naka said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about buy book online

2:27 PM  
Blogger bill naka said...

Nice blog. Please check out my christian gift site. It is all about christian gift informations.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Barney said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

3:09 AM  
Blogger brian said...

It always helps to check several places. Like this one child labor law

4:16 PM  
Blogger Swingin80 said...

Cool blog you have. I have a money online related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is money online

1:24 AM  
Blogger Technical Nuke said...

Wonderful thank you which was consulted very much

But in blog of my site, when that has been written about information business should drop in freely.

internet business

1:41 AM  
Blogger miro said...

Hi!
You have nice blog, Check this software out about Link Popularity, You can visit it here Link Popularity
Have A Great Day!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Johnjon said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about work home business resource You should check it out sometime.

12:36 AM  
Blogger info99 said...

An interesting business license blog. I have a large business license article website at business license Perhaps you may get time to visit it.

11:00 AM  
Blogger wbrant said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a picture of william shakespeare macbeth site/blog. It pretty much covers picture of william shakespeare macbeth related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

2:19 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Hi,

you really have a very nice blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a site dealing with six powerful ways
. You are heartly invited to take some really good tips from it.



Come and check it out if you get time :-)

TheSEO-Rank.com

7:37 PM  
Blogger Daegan Smith said...

I have some great information that you blog readers may like to see check out my site or feel free to email me at businesslevitations@yahoo.com Let me know what you thinkturnkey business

Thanks,

Big D

6:58 PM  
Blogger windmill2u said...

I think your blog abouthoneymoon vacation is the bomb!! Feel free to check mine out!!honeymoon vacation it's also about honeymoon vacation

8:49 PM  
Blogger 123bishop123 said...

Blogger .... It looks like I have already posted here, but you are all over the search engines as I look for Web Promotion Software.

8:00 AM  
Blogger . said...

I just came across your blog, and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a international health insurance blog, so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Google Page Rank 6 said...

Want more clicks to your Adsense Ads on your Blog?

Then you have to check out my blog. I have found a FREE and Legitimate way that will increase your earnings.

Come Check us out. How to Boost Your AdSense Revenue

9:25 PM  
Blogger George said...

business contact manager softwareInstantly Create Your Own Highly Lucrative JVbusiness contact manager software

6:02 PM  
Anonymous group health insurance plans said...

Hey, you have a cool blog here. Just thought I'd stop by to tell you. I'm out blogging. Keep up the good work!

regards,
health insurance plans

10:37 PM  
Anonymous group health insurance plans said...

Hi. I was out blogging and hit yours. You seem to have a good blog here. Good job, happy blogging.

regards,
health insurance price quote

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. I was just out blogging and stumbled across yours, I like it. Keep up the good work!

regards,
medical insurance plan for small business

12:37 AM  
Blogger satxxkenn said...

Cool blog - Check out my site if you need help finding a good low interest credit card. Credit Cards

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home