Saturday, May 15, 2004

Image?

Friday was Jeans Day, one of our once-in-a-while incentives for kids to behave. We hand out coupons the day before to those kids who have met certain standards for behavior for the past few weeks. The kids love Jeans Day; the teachers love Jeans Day.

I debuted my Periodic Table of the Elements t-shirt. The kids were enthusiastic, and at the end of the period, if they'd been good, we closed all the shades and turned off the lights, and I let them see that the radioactive elements glowed in the dark.

Yes, I am a big nerd.

The kids oohed and aahed.

Some days, I'm their young, pretty (for a white person) science teacher. Some days, I'm a geek and proud of it. I want them to know that it's okay - no, it's great! - to be both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home