Thursday, September 30, 2004

A cell is like...

  • a computer.
  • a restaurant (the waiters are like the endoplasmic reticulum, delivering protein to different parts of the cell).
  • a slaughterhouse.
  • an NBA basketball team (Karl Malone is like the cell wall, protecting and supporting the cell).
  • the Roman Coliseum (lions are like lysosomes, digesting food & waste products)
  • the United States (the government is the nucleus, and the people are the cytoplasm).
  • a factory.
  • the human body (the epidermis is like the cell wall).
  • a city.
  • a supermarket.

Metaphors contributed by my eighth graders.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for this entry... for some reason I couldn't think of what a cell would be like for my homework project... again thanks!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Go green said...

thank you so much, I have a homework project to do and this really helps! (By the way I'm in 5th grade.)

11:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There are a lot of opinions - you have a group of creative children)

Geneza Pharmaceuticals

11:26 AM  
Blogger Thorn said...

Thank you! I was really struggling with ideas for my project... these are pretty good.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home