Saturday, February 11, 2006

Handwashing sweaters...

(or anything else) has to be one of the most thankless household chores there is. You get covered in soap and water, sweaty from wringing, and in the end, it's really hard to tell if the sweater is significantly cleaner or not.

On the other hand, cleaning mildew off a shower curtain yields a very clear sense of accomplishment, but is just plain gross.

Come to think of it, I don't really like any chores!

To Do, Today:
sweep & mop floors
do laundry
do handwashing
drop off drycleaning
wash stovetop
wash dish drainer
clean sink
clean toilet
scrub tub and walls
clean shower curtain
clean desk
pay bills
empty trash
clean litterbox

and I didn't even include the schoolwork.

Does your cat turn into some kind of ferocious, pouncing predator whenever you put new sheets on your bed? Or is that just my little monster?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate cleaning too.

But I love those steam cleaners. They really do clean. I am now looking at Amazon to buy one that holds more water than the Scuncii.

I have been putting my sweaters in the machine on delicate cycle.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, mine do like to play 'parachute' like we did in gym class in elementary school....or better yet, one gets on top of the sheets, the other gets stuck underneath, and they have a war through the sheets...

7:03 PM  
Blogger Aunt Murry said...

I have two yorkies and they have a ball when I put clean sheets on the bed.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home