Friday, April 07, 2006

Remember the olden days,

when at Easter time, it was easy to find a Cadbury Creme Egg, the real thing, not a Snickers Cream Egg or any of the other paltry imitations of this classic?

Anyone in NYC know where to get them these days?

Update: They are, indeed, available at Rite-Aid, which I normally avoid because the Rite-Aid in my neighborhood is so dingy and unkempt. And, according to a reader's very kind email, Cadbury's and other British treats can also be found at Tea & Sympathy.

*****

Why do people call Friday afternoon and leave intriguing messages about the future that one will not be able to follow-up on until Monday? Do they purposely leave me in suspense?

*****

I'm going upstate this weekend. My friend Mike has a show at the Center of Photography, in Woodstock, and I'm driving up with a friend for the opening and celebration afterwards in New Paltz. See you in a couple of days!

6 Comments:

Blogger posthipchick said...

if you don't find them soon, tell me and i will get you some. they are all over the place here.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found them at Rite Aid. Personally I prefer the mini-eggs, but they have the full-size ones, too.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Dan Edwards said...

My wife loves those Cadbury Creame Eggs, and will accept the Dove ones as a substitute. I usually buy them in "bulk" for her when they are 50% off at a local supermarket after Easter.

7:51 PM  
Blogger JustdaTruth said...

I'm not into chocolate easter eggs, but I like a good "webquest". This is what I found.



http://www.gawker.com/news/food/

11:55 AM  
Blogger Dree said...

I am in love with the Cadbury Creme Eggs. Not the caramel ones... the ones with the gooey white and yellow centers. I get cavities just thinking about them. Damn.

They sell them all over the place here... you can even buy them in dozens, packed in egg cartons, no less. Hope you manage to get your hands on some. :)

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved those cadbury creme eggs with the yolk like center. Unfortunately, they have no existence at all over here in France, so I haven't had any for a long long time....
Glad you found some for yourelf though. Enjoy.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home