Friday, August 20, 2004

What if you threw an open house...

and nobody came?

New York City real estate is extremely weird.

My roommate is going to be gone for the month of September, so I posted an ad on craigslist for a subletter. I got about 30 responses in two days, and decided to have an open house rather than showing the place over and over again all week. So I sent all the interested candidates an email describing the apartment and a little about my living habits, and the hours and location of the open house. I got a couple of responses back saying they'd be here.

And so yesterday I sat around for two hours and not a single person showed up.

I have a couple of back up plans - a friend who is interested but might be allergic to cats or my roommate just paying the rent - so I'm not going to lose any sleep over this - but I don't get it. I don't think the letter I sent was that scary, I mean I didn't write, "Day Job: Axe-murderer" or anything...

New York City real estate is extremely weird.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog with some nice subjects!
real estate investment

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home