Friday, August 20, 2004

What if you threw an open house...

and nobody came?

New York City real estate is extremely weird.

My roommate is going to be gone for the month of September, so I posted an ad on craigslist for a subletter. I got about 30 responses in two days, and decided to have an open house rather than showing the place over and over again all week. So I sent all the interested candidates an email describing the apartment and a little about my living habits, and the hours and location of the open house. I got a couple of responses back saying they'd be here.

And so yesterday I sat around for two hours and not a single person showed up.

I have a couple of back up plans - a friend who is interested but might be allergic to cats or my roommate just paying the rent - so I'm not going to lose any sleep over this - but I don't get it. I don't think the letter I sent was that scary, I mean I didn't write, "Day Job: Axe-murderer" or anything...

New York City real estate is extremely weird.

10 Comments:

Blogger jon said...

Looking for new apartments I saw a post similar to your at this craiglist seattle site. Its wild how they are about the same thing!

have a great day!!

12:36 PM  
Blogger www.Business-Loans.ws said...

How would you like to own a custom built home at a 42% to 100% discount?

10:07 PM  
Blogger The Real Estate Answer Man said...

Find Out What The Real Estate Investment "GURUS" Either Don't Know Or Aren't Telling You

Click Here For More
Information



creative real estate

9:38 PM  
Blogger The Answer Man said...

Learn How The SMART Real Estate Investors Get RICH....And Its' NOT With Rentals, Forclosures Or The "Fix And Flip" Game.....

Click Here For More
Information


real estate investment course

7:30 AM  
Blogger Johnjon said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about small business marketing resource You should check it out sometime.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Gordon said...

Just visited your blog, it's great. I have a jobs seeking website which is informative and you can find info of different job natures, hope that it will be useful in your job seeking

7:21 AM  
Blogger Google Page Rank 6 said...

Want more clicks to your Adsense Ads on your Blog?

Then you have to check out my blog. I have found a FREE and Legitimate way that will increase your earnings.

Come Check us out. How to Boost Your AdSense Revenue

9:26 PM  
Blogger William said...

Great blog, I really like what you have done here and I look forward to seeing your future updates. I have a website you might find interesting

other real estate

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog with some nice subjects!
real estate investment

6:25 AM  
Anonymous OHenry said...

Seeking counsel from elders seems to be a lost advantage. Experience usually translated into lessons learned that may contain pearls of wisdom that could have benefited the lost or struggling. Having survived my share of crises, I am using technology to share a thought or two. The main lesson is to never stop learning. Reading and seeking other points of view like visiting your blog is one way. Finding what is ultimately important leads one to appreciate actuality, efficiency and mindfulness. Helping others to see some of the forest through the trees is a benefit of age and maturity. discernment

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home