Thursday, March 03, 2005

Calling all teachers!

I have an idea: let's start gathering and posting about summer opportunities for teachers. Maybe we could add a page to the Teachers' Lounge wiki that lists summer opportunities by subject area, and include reviews by any teachers who have participated. I am on the lookout for interesting programs, PD opportunities, courses, jobs, etc. - things that are a little different, unusual, high-quality, you get the drift.

Here's one interesting program that I found: Teacher Leaders in Research Based Science Education. Since the application period is in the fall, I'm going to bookmark it and revisit it in the late summer, if I'm in this country for next year. You have to be working with three new science teachers in order to participate, and we only have two at my school. But I have a couple of ideas for finding others... Basically, you take an on-line course during the winter and spring, and then you do a two-week class at Keen Observatory - you study astronomy and use the resources of the observatory, but you also learn how to do research-based science ed and how to work with new science teachers. That's right up my alley. I could use an update of my content-knowledge in astronomy, and I really, really want to improve my ability to work with new teachers.

I guess this is obvious, but we don't have to limit ourselves to summer opportunities - the program above lasts for two full years.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, must be a good thing to get into as there sure are a lot of blogs talking about work from home online. I've been looking all day to see if the testimonials are true about all the money to be made at http://www.12dailyproautosurf.com. Stopping every now and them to place a comment on some good blogs. is something I think I will do and glad that I came across your blog for some good info to think about . Have a nice day :-)

11:57 PM  
Blogger Kelvin S. said...

Earn Income Daily

I have the perfect money making program for Teachers, Bus Drivers, Religious Leaders, or anyone who wants to earn extra money. Send for your FREE audio CD and application today. Email your mailing address to LBS32k@yahoo.com put in the subject Extra Income for Teachers CD.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home