Saturday, June 04, 2005

Where I am in life...

I'm having a little trouble with motivation of late. OK, I'm having a LOT of trouble with motivation. It's not just the pile of clothes that have been sitting on my chair since I washed and folded them last week or the fact that I don't feel like grading sixty Reebops assignments: I don't even feel motivated to do fun things, like go to First Saturday or go shopping for the new computer I'm buying myself for my birthday or go shopping for a, um, prom dress (ok, it's not a prom, it's a graduation dance, but still!). Hell, I barely even blogged this week! Anyway, I'm trying not to empower these feelings by giving them too much importance in my mind. I'm taking a "this too will pass" attitude towards it all and dragging myself to as many of these things as I can because once I'm there, I almost always have fun.

Last night, I went out and met two other teacher bloggers at a pub. We chatted and had a couple of drinks (the place had Old Speckled Hen! my favorite!) and a lot of french fries. Talking to a teacher who moved here from out of town to do the Teaching Fellows and is finding the city a bit isolating, reminded me of myself during my first year here.

So today, I'm surfing around and find this:

Gemini: This is a good day to review where you are in life and whether you are headed in the direction you desire. Strengthen your plans if you are, and implement a course-correction if you are not.


Am I on the right course? I think I am, looking at the big picture, but I don't feel all that comfortable in my own skin right now. I've decided to strengthen my plans. I made a list of all the things I want & need to get done this weekend, and I'm working on attacking the list, one item at a time.

8 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Hi, I was just out blog surfing for detailed info on self esteem when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I did. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to post your link on my "favorites" page. Should you ever need it, there is valuable information on my site about self esteem.

8:39 PM  
Blogger DigitalCamera said...

Hey there, you've got a great blog here! I'm thinking of bookmarking your site!

I have a christmass gifts site. It pretty much covers christmass gifts related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

1:42 PM  
Blogger MP3 Doctor said...

Hey, great blog! Keep it up.

I have a holiday shopping site. It pretty much covers holiday shopping related stuff.

Come and have a look if you get time :-)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Den said...

Hi, I was just surfing around and found your page!
Very cool,I like finding all this interesting stuff.
If you are interested, go see my Gifts related site.
It isnt anything special but you might still find something of interest.

11:54 PM  
Blogger shopping-mall said...

Hi! I just came across your blog about **keyword** and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information posted here. I also have a web site about **keyword** site so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the nice job, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!"

12:03 AM  
Blogger TexasDude said...

Free Black Greeting Card

9:02 AM  
Blogger Google Page Rank 6 said...

Want more clicks to your Adsense Ads on your Blog?

Then you have to check out my blog. I have found a FREE and Legitimate way that will increase your earnings.

Come Check us out. How to Boost Your AdSense Revenue

9:19 PM  
Blogger Emcee said...

Hi there! Was just browsing around the blogs and came across yours. Nice.

I like reading personal developement type stuff too so started a personal developement blog of my own.

Most of the personal developement articles come from this personal developement article site.

It's a great resource for personal developement and related info.

Cheers!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home