Saturday, August 27, 2005

Getting Ready 3

Anticipation. I have the preliminary class lists for the sixth grade. The names are baroque: Joizy, Leandeline, Fatima, Marendi, Danuellys, Odalis. What will these names mean to me in a few months?

We might have a science teacher - we interviewed someone today who seems to both know the science and have teaching experience. There might be a problem with his certification, but we're looking into it.

My classroom is ready-ish. Some things have been organized, others shoved into closets to be dealt with during the afternoons next week. The bulletin board is covered in cheerful orange paper, bordered with stars on a blue background. My desk already has several piles of papers on it, but hopefully they will go away when I file things next week. As always, I make resolutions about neatness and organization.

I'm in charge on Monday, and I have the keys (several pounds worth) to prove it. Both our principal and AP are required to attend a principal's conference - remember that most schools don't open until Sept. 8th. Somehow, I became the go-to person. I think it's because my classroom is next door to the principal's office, and I kept offering to help with things this week. The other likely candidate hid in her room down the hall...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home