Thursday, March 16, 2006

Blues

Sadly, I am (about to begin) grading a whole lot of papers instead of having a beer at Mo Pitkin's and listening to David Jacobs-Strain, who is ridiculously talented (I saw him a few years ago at a summer festival - and it turns out my brother goes to college with him). It seems that I have to add "young musical stand-out" to my list of careers that I no longer have any shot at, with "Olympic gymnast," "star figure-skater," and "young literary stand-out"... but I'm glad someone else is doing it. By the way, you can listen to Ocean or a Teardrop and Stuck on the Way Back at NorthernBlues Radio (along with a bunch of other great stuff) but he is better live, which is why I have the took-my-work-home-blues.

2 Comments:

Blogger posthipchick said...

C'mon, if you pop out a book in the next three years, you can still TOTALLY be the 'young literary stand-out'.
Shall I challange you?

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't offer you a pint of beer to lift your spirits, but we did add you to our blogroll.

Hmmm...not really the same thing, is it?

Well, Happy St. Patrick's Day.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home