Friday, April 14, 2006

Bent 2006

I went to one of these workshops last year... fun and supremely geeky.

The Third Annual Circuit Bending Festival of Music and Art in Downtown Manhattan. A week of concerts, art installations, and workshops celebrating a most unusual art form. The first and only festival in the country where one can see a musical instrument built from a singing teddy bear, this year's event will be held April
19-23, 2006. The festival will bring together musicians, performers, and visual artists from around the world who not only push the circuit bending genre forward but are on the cutting edge of the contemporary music scene. In addition to evening concerts, novices and experienced benders of all ages can participate in workshops led by the best in the business during the day.

Tuesday, April 18th: Festival Kick-Off party with R. Luke Dubois, Michael Ostrowski, and Tristan Perich.

15 Nassau Street, Manhattan
7-9p; $free

*****

And speaking of events, there's a teacher-blogger gathering in the works for next week... drop me a line if you're interested and have not already received an email. Please let me know who you are and where you write... thanks!

3 Comments:

Blogger DesertSurfer said...

No, I have you beat on the "geeky" department...I just found out that I was accepted for a scholarship to Space Camp for Educators specifically designed for middle school teachers. I am totally stoked.

But I have no doubt that if I lived around NYC, I would be at your circuit festival as well!

Great blog btw...

Strausser
http://strausser.blogspot.com

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry this is kinda unrelated but you seem really cool so i thought i would ask anyways. I am a grad student at Barry University studying teachers perceptions of students with ADHD. If you could check out my study and pass it along I would greatly appreciated it. This research has been approved by the IRB. Just click on my name to be linked to the online study. Thanks!

Sara

10:59 PM  
Blogger Jenny D. said...

Gosh, I wish I could come to the teacher blogger event. Please report, okay?

Also, one of my former students has just gotten a spot in NYC with TFA. I don't know if you alums stay in touch with the newcomers, but if you do, look for a woman from my alma mater.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home