Monday, March 14, 2005

In like a lion...

As you can see in the pictures below, I spent the weekend at home (my parents' home) in Massachusetts, where there was at least a foot - probably more like a 1 1/2 feet - of snow on the ground. I don't remember the last time I saw our front yard like that, but it did happen regularly enough when I was a kid. We used to go sledding down the hill in our backyard.

I arrived home to find that my work habits may be genetic. My father has his Puritan tendencies. He goes to bed around midnight, wakes up at 7, repeat, repeat, repeat. I think he'd go to bed even earlier but years of marriage to a night owl have worn him down. My mother get the most done in the middle of the night, and got very little sleep last week since her grades were due on Friday. I survive somewhere between their two lifestyles: I don't pull all-nighters too often these days (read: never) but I don't get a regular 7 hours, either.

I ate really well and caught up on sleep but still came down with a nasty cold this weekend. Pity the parents who have to sit across from me tomorrow to discuss their children's report cards.

I think this week might be the turning point for NYC, from winter to spring. We're supposed to get a string of days with temps in the forties, and the sunshine just has that feel. Regardless, people have started wearing flower prints and sandals, so if spring doesn't come on its own, we may have to go get it and drag it here ourselves.

Beware the ides of March!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home