Monday, October 31, 2005

Casserole

I didn't take pictures - perhaps I should have, as the intermediate steps were beautiful - but I am making a squash, bell pepper, and feta casserole. The recipe is from Molly Katzen's Moosewood Cookbook and is called "Arabian Squash Casserole." It's in the oven now, and I can't wait for it to finish cooking. Basically, I baked an acorn squash until soft, scooped out the squash and mixed it with a little yogurt and feta, and then added onions and one red and one green pepper, all finely chopped and sauteed with salt, pepper, and garlic. I put an extra layer of feta on top, sprinkled sunflower seeds across the top, and put it in the oven to bake.

And that is a follow-up to last night's pumpkin mousse, and a previous night's squash & pear fricassee. Yes, my CSA has been giving me a lot of winter squash these last few weeks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Murry said...

Sounds Yummy!

8:18 PM  
Blogger posthipchick said...

pumpkin mousse? let's get a recipe.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did the yellow go? It was so readable! And it perked up the page quite a bit too!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home