Monday, October 31, 2005

Okay, how do you like it now?

Yes, I know, I have no aesthetic skills to speak of. Color is a weird thing. I was talking with someone on Saturday night who oversees production of a house & garden type magazine. One of the things he does is to check the color to make sure it's "right." Of course, this depends on the "temperature" of the light you are using to look at the images. Apparently, light temperature is measured in Kelvin, and 500K is the standard light that both the publisher & the printer use to check color accuracy. The photographers I have known have some idea of how color should look - but aside from really obvious problems, I usually cannot tell that the grass is "too red" or the sky "too yellow." Color and light are complicated, that's the main thing I've learned.

The point, if I ever make one, is that the colors may look different on my monitor than they do on yours. But I will try to make things as easy to read and pleasing as possible if you give me specific feedback.

4 Comments:

Blogger NYC Educator said...

I like this shade much better. The other one was tough to read.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The boring black on white notes are still easier to read than the white letters on green.

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black on white always gives the most contrast.
However, this is pretty good - Ms. Frizzle was pretty responsive to the feedback she receoved. I think this will be readable and attractive on most screens...

8:37 AM  
Blogger mgatton said...

Definitely better. Pretty close to chalk on greenboard - a REALLY clean greenboard.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home